- Pico Rivera, California
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
At SoCalGas we believe that every Californian deserves a resilient energy future. We are working to achieve that future by empowering California to reach its sustainability goals through innovation collaboration and decarbonization. As our states energy needs change we will be there providing reliable energy that is clean safe and affordable to our 22 million customers.
In addition to helping shape the future of hydrogen technology and clean energy as an employee of SoCalGas youll also enjoy an aggressive total compensation plan multiple upward mobility opportunities and the ability to find a true work life balance. We also strive to reflect the communities we serve by attracting top talent and maintaining a diverse workforce. To discover more about how rewarding it is to work here we invite you to visit these pages on our website:Our Mission;DiversityEquity and InclusionSustainabilityIn the Community andEmployee Benefits.Join SoCalGas today to share in our mission to build the cleanest safest and most innovative energy company in America!
Provides aviation leadership and supervision for the Aviation Services Team under the Gas Engineering Organization. Responsible for supervising staff members to support the continued development of the Aviation Services program Company standards and procedures governing the selection design application and operation of manned aircraft and small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) to meet regulatory compliance and Company operational needs. Ensures that Aircraft operations conducted for the Company meet Federal State and local laws and regulations and optimize both near and long-term economic program considerations.
- Program Management: Manages and coordinates all activities leading to successful management of the Aviation Services (AS) team. Manages AS program scope policies training and provides oversight of Aviation Services projects. Identifies resources (internal and external) reviews and selects candidate manufacturers consultants and research agencies. Manages AS project timelines establishes cost estimates and budgets approves procurement of materials equipment and services and coordinates validation testing and field trials. Manages and maintains program control documentation (action steps timelines budget staffing training KPIs etc.). Prepares periodic reports and presentations for presentation to management and regulatory agencies.
- Manage providers of manned aircraft services: Conducts reviews of providers of manned aircraft services to determine capabilities safety policies and procedures record of incidents and accidents maintenance procedures and applicability of proposed services to SoCalGas operations and maintenance programs. Monitors and evaluates the ongoing performance of manned aircraft services providers. Provides direction to contractors consultants Company operations personnel technical specialists and the Aviation Services team. Develops standards and is responsible for vetting the services of potential Aviation Services contractors. Develops and/or utilizes project control systems to control budget and schedule. Provides timely status reports to clients and Gas Engineering management.
- Manage providers of sUAS services: Oversees and supervises the sUAS operations of subordinate Pilot in Command (PICs) and flight crews including those of contract personnel. Provides direction to contractors consultants Company operations personnel technical specialists and the Aviation Services team. Develops standards and is responsible for vetting the services of potential Aviation Services contractors. Develops and/or utilizes project control systems to control budget and schedule. Provides timely status reports to clients and Gas Engineering management.
- sUAS Evaluation Assessment of technologies: Aerial platforms (aka Drone) capabilities (lifting capacity stability endurance reliability etc.). Mapping abilities (accuracy data collection integrity). Photographic inspection capabilities (Camera type resolution zooming ability camera pointing abilities control etc.). Methane detection (sensitivity distance location and provision of data to operational management. Data accessibility by operations personnel. May work with other departments such as GIS to ensure data archiving access and security are ensured. Prepares Cost/Benefit assessments of sUAS alternatives and capabilities. Coordinates Field Demonstrations of sUAS operations and/or capabilities.
- Acts as Chief Pilot over manned and sUAS flight operations. Assess Federal State and Local regulatory requirements for the planned flight operations manage application for applicable legal waivers and/or permits for planned flight operations manage programs internal and external notifications of planned flight operations determination of safe and legal take-off and landing sites interpret weather forecasts and reports to determine if minimum operating conditions are met provide UAV crew member direction and communication and coordinating with client management and assigned personnel prior to and during flight operations.
- Manage development of instructional material manuals and other guidance for Aviation operations and service providers and maintain operating standards related to aviation operations.
- Represent Companys interests on aviation-related organizations and research committees. Prepares and provides presentations to work groups and external workshops. Stays abreast of the latest changes trends and technological advancements in the industry through attendance at conferences seminars literature etc. Maintains familiarity with Company operations to effectively support client requests.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and work directly with various company departments as needed to develop meaningful manned aircraft and sUAS applications gain budgetary approvals and manage projects to meet client needs. May assist in developing methodologies for solving specific technical and operational problems related to the construction and maintenance of Company assets. Collaborates with subject matter experts within various Company operating and staff departments related industry organizations equipment manufacturers research agencies and with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) specialists and field inspectors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
$107700 – $161600 / year
- Bachelors Degree Preferably in Aviation disciplines Required
- 7+ Experience as a pilot of various manned aircraft and demonstrate a mastery of sUAS flight operations. Certifiable log books are highly desirable. Required
- 5+ Completed written communication and documentation of test plans training materials status reports etc. Required
- 3+ Utility operations experience in gas distribution transmission or storage operations Preferred
Knowledge Skills Abilities
- Must have the ability to perform responsibilities under minimal supervision and in remote locations. Advanced
- Requires understanding of business disciplines pipeline safety regulations and company operational procedures including safety-related practices and equipment. Advanced
- Exercises analytical ability ingenuity and independent judgment in the performance of job duties. Advanced
- Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of Title 14 CFR Parts 61 91 and 107. Advanced
- Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of Federally regulated airspace as depicted on Sectional and TAC Aviation charts including allowed restricted and prohibited operations within that airspace. Advanced
- Knowledge of gas utility operating practices policies and cost analysis is required. Intermediate
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical information and concepts with various levels of management in both formal and informal settings. Must be able to prepare written communications on technical matters for various levels of management. Advanced
- Requires general computer skills and use of Microsoft applications such as Word Excel PowerPoint and Visio. Intermediate
- Primary work location is the Pico Rivera base but this position requires frequent travel to almost anywhere in the Companys service territory including remote locations. Intermediate
- FAA Part 61 Certification as a Private or preferably Commercial Pilot required.
- FAA Part 107 Certification as a Remote Pilot required.
- California Drivers License required.
SoCalGas offers a comprehensive benefits program to help support employees both personally and professionally. These benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive pay Annual Bonus program
- Medical dental and vision packages (plus free Mental Health resources/sessions)
- 401K company match Company provided Pension Plan
- Work/Life Balance including generous PTO
- Wellness Programs/Classes
- Tuition/Education Reimbursement
- Career Development Tools Resources through SoCalGas University
Follow us on social media to stay current with what weve been up toonTwitterFacebookYouTubeandInstagram.
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SoCalGas strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience qualifications and education.
SoCalGas offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical dental vision) employer contributions to retirement benefits life insurance paid time off as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement paid parental leave and employee assistance programs.
Aviation Flight Operations Management Team Leader Pico Rivera CA
Gulfstream G500 Flight Attendant Dallas Tx Petaluma CA
Sr Flight Control Systems Claw Engineer La Habra CA
Operations Manufacturing Manager Aerospace Component Assembly Placentia CA
Flight Test Engineer Sunnyvale CA
Customer Service ground Operations Agent Monterey CA
Flight Line Aircraft Maintenance Technician Salinas CA
Nisar Sit Flight System Testing Pasadena CA
Aviation Maintenance Inspector Ii 2nd Shift Sun Valley CA
Aviation Front Desk Customer Service Representative Full Time Napa CA
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered – current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.