At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), BCA organization is seeking Certification Project Integration Management Engineer (Associate/Mid-Level or Lead)proactive to join the team in Renton, WA.
Successful candidates will work in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as part of team to develop and deploy capabilities that support Program start-up and sustaining activities. Strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to resolve cross-functional issues, and the ability to “see the big picture” are ideal.
This position is a hybrid position that allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Renton, WA
- Participates in the development and management and performs limited analysis of process and product baselines.
- Works under general direction to coordinate and conduct product and subsystem level technical design reviews and audits for new and derivative products.
- Performs routine analysis of product trades and/or changes and assists in the development of change proposals.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Configuration and Data Management standards, processes, systems and tools.
- Utilizes data gathered from customers to assist in the definition of Configuration and Data Management requirements for product hardware, software and engineering design data systems.
- Assists in the integration, routine analysis and resolution of issues with engineering product structure.
- Assists with the development and implementation of engineering technical program plans of limited scope including impacts, risks and incorporation of lessons learned.
- Works under general supervision.
- Participate in preliminary design activities as a member of the 737 Systems Integration team by reviewing preliminary
configurations to enhance the verifiability of the new or changed product and to minimize future certification risks.
- Provide oversight and coordination for the development of certification plans and negotiate changes required in order
to secure approval of certification plan by regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the in the development of the certification
basis proposal and the final negotiation of the certification basis, including resolution of issues, with the regulators.
- Update the certification basis as required due to product changes to maintain product certification.
- Build cooperativeworking relationships and facilitate discussions with 737 Systems engineering teams, airplane programs, and regulatoryadministration to identify and work certification issues before they have program impacts.
- Track program to certificationschedule, document data corrections, and assist program owners in resolving certification issues.
- Track and documentthat certification basis requirements are met and are coordinated with suppliers and partners.
- Development anddocument certification related processes, tools and procedures to continuously improve the performance of certificationtasks.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with processes analysis, processes development, and process improvement
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, accuracy with work, strong organizational skills
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders with a customer service focus and mindset
- Demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with minimal supervision and history of meeting commitments
- Agile knowledge is highly desirable
- Experience with Engineering life cycle activities, tools and processes
- Experience in CATIA, ENOVIA, PDM
- Strong Project Management Skills
Bachelor’s degree and typically 2 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification or a Master’s degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Bachelor’s degree and typically 9 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification or a Master’s degree with typically 7 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is 1st shift
This is a union represented position.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for associate: $79,050 – $106,950
Summary pay range for mid-level: $96,050 – $129,950
Summary pay range for Lead-level: $120,700 – $163,300
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.