- East St Louis, Illinois
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
Director ST Louis Downtown Airport
Downtown St. Louis Airport Cahokia Illinois
Director ST Louis Downtown Airport
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950 we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods large and small in Illinois and in Missouri with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential .
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn competitive salary
- Gym Discounts with Club Fitness and OneLife Fitness at Ballpark Village
- 24 hour access to our 9 onsite gyms
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted Cell Phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Medical Dental Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Bi-State Development is an eligible employer the for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Directly responsible for the overall safe and efficient operation of the St. Louis Downtown Airport a 14 C FR Part 139 certificated large and NPIAS reliever to St. Louis Lambert International Airport. Position shall ensure the Airports compliance with applicable regulations efficient operation maintenance financial stability and plan and implement immediate and long range planning.
The St. Louis Downtown Airport is the 3rd busiest Airport in the State of Illinois Second busiest general aviation Airport in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area covers over 1000 acres with three runways home to over 25 aviation business including world leading aircraft maintenance and manufacturers and generates more than 530 million dollars in economic output every year and over 1.7 million in revenue per year
- Oversees overall Airport operation maintenance and profitability to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment for Airport users tenants and stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies rules regulations contracts and laws affecting the Airport and its safe efficient and profitable operation such as 14 CFR Part 139 NFPA Part 407 FAA A/Cs 49 CFR Part 1550/42 etc.
- Accurately assesses situations anticipates potential impacts and takes appropriate actions to prevent limit or mitigate adverse results.
- Ensures the daily resolution of operational personnel tenant and customer service issues.
- Plans and manages the staffing training and coordination of all professional and non-professional employee positions operating the Airport. Supervises employees including managing employees performance and development.
- Conducts positive public relations campaigns through Airport tours public speaking engagements and coordination with Marketing and Communications. Maintains and updates Airport website social media and other communication channels. Evaluates aviation market for placement of advertisements or other outreach programs.
- Stays abreast of industry knowledge and trends to continuously better position the Airport in the aviation industry and marketplace.
- Provides clear concise and accurate information concerning Airport policies procedures operations and development information to local government agencies officials civic organizations and individual citizens. Explains security requirements and their effects on Airport users and outside agencies. Explains Airport funding processes funding sources financial impacts of revenue increases and decreases and impacts from expansion or contraction of Airport developments.
- Forecasts future needs and air traffic demands to plan and prioritize future capital improvement projects. Evaluate available data to establish trends catchment areas originating and department markets and coordinate advertising placement and funds with applicable Airport users tenants and stakeholders.
- Develops technical specifications to procure and administer construction projects and services. Work with on-call engineering and Engineering Staff to design and develop conceptual drawings project timelines and funding streams.
- Monitors development projects to ensure safety and compliance. Encourage a Safety Management System approach to project safety in compliance with FAA regulations.
- Builds strong relationships with Federal and State funding agencies professional and industrial organizations County and local government officials neighbors and tenants.
- Prepares justifies and administers operating and capital budgets and grants and manages expenditures and monitors revenues to ensure profitability and budget compliance. Estimate Airport funding under various scenarios build alternative budgets as required track expenses and develop replacement schedules for infrastructure equipment and vehicles.
- Explores and develops new business opportunities and assists in attracting and retaining business tenants. Develops innovative programs that lead to increased revenue generation and/or tenant satisfaction. Negotiates with representatives of airlines utility companies or individuals for acquisition of property for the development of the airport leases of airport land or buildings or rights-of0-way over private property.
- Provides technical and operational support and expertise to other divisions and enterprises of Bi-State Development.
- All other duties as assigned or as necessary to ensure the safe efficient and profitable operation of the Airport.
Knowledge Skill and Abilities
- Formal education in Airport management or closely related career field and an in-depth working knowledge of all facets of Airport operations and management.
- Proven performance across a broad array of management areas including personnel administration contract and grant writing budget development public and private financing negotiation customer service public relations oral and written communication facility maintenance and engineering and other areas expected of a successful business executive community leader and crisis response manager.
- Must be self-motivated enthusiastic flexible and adaptable.
- Pilot license and AAAE accreditation highly desirable.
Degree: BS or BA required MA or MS highly desirable
Years : 7-10 years
Field: Airport Management Public or Business Administration or closely related field. Pilot license and AAAE accreditation highly desirable
Fi el d: Airport Management Airport Operations Business Management and/or related fields.
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees applicants vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination harassment and retaliation.
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered – current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.