At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced and a Senior Level Facilities Project Management Specialist to support our business in Springfield, VA.
Our Project Management Specialists are dedicated to maintaining and improving the large government campus we are assigned to. We pride ourselves on our close relationship with our customers and so a candidate with a customer-facing service history is just as important as the ability to move a project from proposal delivery all of the way through completion. Our facilities projects range from small office renovations to large critical infrastructure recapitalization efforts.
– Develops and formalizes integrated baseline project management plans: team charters, work and organizational breakdown structures, quality planning, change management process and project closure, to ensure controls are in place throughout project life cycle
– Consolidates independently generated project data and interfaces with functional specialist on cross-functional teams, to ensure stakeholder understanding of trade-offs amongst cost, schedule, quality and risk
– Recommends appropriate actions to stakeholders to satisfy project goals and objectives
– Acts as consultant to site management in the design, development and implementation of project management processes and systems
– Develops project plan for major projects, in accordance with accepted project management principles based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (R)
– Establishes formalized project change control board and processes, to ensure deviations from the baseline plan are properly documented and submitted for approval or rejection
– Incorporates approved changes into work statements, cost and schedule baselines. Identifies and documents requirements necessary to meet project needs
– Defines scope with the project team, applying appropriate standards, guidelines, regulations and procedures to ensure all of the work and only the work required to complete the project is included in the baseline
– Establishes baseline critical path schedule, using computing software, to integrate elements of the work breakdown structure and resources, for major projects
– Monitors milestones and task activities to ensure timely completion of project
– Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure schedule commitments are met
– Develops cost estimate and identifies resources needed to complete project activities, using project cost management processes, for major projects
– Establishes cost baseline and monitors baseline, using earned value management system
– Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure cost targets are met
– Identifies and formalizes required communication flows to project stakeholders, including team members, management, program and functional organizations
– Prepares and presents management briefings to communicate project(s) status, identify issues and solicit help for resolution
– Identifies potential risks by using established project management tools
– Assesses risks, by applying standard project risk techniques
– Develops risk response plan and makes recommendations to project stakeholders to minimize project risk
– Identifies for project team, the means by which all necessary goods and services will be provided, using all appropriate guidelines and procedures, in order to ensure project budget and schedule are met
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at our Springfield, VA. location.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with an adjudicated Counterintelligence or Full Scope Polygraph (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
– Project or Construction Management experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
– 4+ years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– 7+ years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
– Degree in Project Management or related discipline
– Experience working with U.S. government contracts
– Certified SCRUM Master
Typical Education & Experience:
Experienced (Level 4)
Bachelor’s degree and typically 10 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 8 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Senior (Level 5)
Bachelor’s degree and typically 15 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 13 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range experienced level: $115,600 – $145,000
Summary pay range senior level: $141,950 – $170,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.