At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK operates an engineering matrix organisation consisting of engineering Departments that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. One of the Departments capabilities is Product Support Engineering which provides the product supportability infrastructure including the following technical areas:
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis
- Engineering Data Exploitation
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering and
- Technical Publications
The Product Support Engineering Manager will manage a team of support engineering staff and managers; predominantly providing strategy for growth and support to the widening BDUK business areas. The role will also be responsible for both technical leadership and personnel management and development of the Department. We are looking for a Product Support business leader who is able to take the Product Support department through the next stage of growth. This role is based in Bristol with hybrid working options and some travel to other sites.
- Setting and executing the strategies and priorities for the Product Support Department of Engineering
- Development of migration strategies and plans for work from US to UK (increasing UK prosperity)
- The identification and implementation of Support Engineering Best Practices, guidance on Support Engineering processes and related too
- The enhanced understanding of what the Department undertakes and sharing the immense value ILS/Product support brings to the Business
- Reach across all Boeing Business areas to ensure the value of ILS/Product support is recognized
- Identify new business areas where the Department expertise may be exploited, but nationally and internationally, internally and externally
- Help shape International and MoD standards for Support Engineering
- Manage the processes and tools for Support Engineers
- Focus on enhancing the capability of our Support Engineering team to deliver high quality and efficient service to the Business Unit and the Boeing Engineering function
- Working with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation opportunities and ways in which suppliers can enhance our offering to our clients
- Liaising with the OEM platform side of Boeing to integrate the UK solutions with those that exist on the base platforms
- Drive first time quality, replicate solutions across the different programmes and drive cost improvements
- Managing the Department Budgets
- Ensuring Department resources are available to support all budgeted programmes and agreed Overheads
- Driving through Continuous Improvement projects to reduce costs/increase efficiency
The individual will:
- Be able to build networks both nationally and internationally, especially with the wider-Boeing enterprise in the USA and overseas
- Able to define, describe and lead the growing team towards the future vision
- An ability to work alongside our Global Sales and Marketing (GSM) and Strategy teams to identify and grow new revenue generating business areas
- A detailed understanding of what Digital and Data Analytics can provide for Product Support for both BDUK and our customer
Key skills required for the post:
- Strategic thinking; being able to set the future vision for the Department, forging greater ties within the BDUK Business portfolio
- Resourcefulness and persuasiveness with ability to enthuse team members and other department leads
- Proven ability to lead an engineering capability/function
- People Management – lead and coach the Support Engineering Team, managing resources effectively, employee development, coordinating employee training and supporting all programme and functional objectives
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant Engineering subject or a correlating recognized Chartered professional membership
- To be successful in the role you will need to have a significant amount of Support Engineering/Integrated Logistical Support related work experience and recognized training
- Implemented and delivered best practice of data analytics in the realm of Product Support to the benefit of the Customer and the Business
- Management, leadership and supervisory knowledge
- Budget/ resource planning
- Previous experience of leading strategy development would be advantageous
- Experience of working with international support standards such as Def Stan 00-600, ASD/AIA Suite of S Series ILS Specifications would be beneficial
- Knowledge of or experience in ITIL is desirable
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.