At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
System Designer and Integration Specialist Job Description:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for Information Technology System Integrators to join Boeing’s Information Technology Application and Infrastructure Environment Build Team. These positions will focus on supporting building and sustaining application and IT infrastructure environments for Siemens Team Center suite of applications used by the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) and Boeing Defense System (BDS) business organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and team work as these positions will focus on working directly with IT Application and IT Infrastructure Architecture leaders is support of critical revenue generating programs to build, sustain, and upgrade IT environments that host Siemens Team Center applications.
- Leads and supports activities to architect, design, build and test delivery systems and components for Boeings Integrated Product Data Management (IPDM) for environments hosting Siemens Team Center suite of applications.
- Performs product and component management to ensure technical viability and cost-effectiveness from the point where it is evaluated through implementation and support, to retirement.
- Uses technical expertise to help business partners and others by answering technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery systems products to ensure effective implementation and usage of delivery system products.
- Applies knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, escalated delivery systems problems.
- Works with appropriate product supplier for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house
- Chooses appropriate computing products and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management. Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures
- Analyzes, evaluates and provides technical expertise for Siemens Team Center applications suite and infrastructure environments to support building, deploying, upgrading, testing and troubleshooting technical issues to ensure application availability and reliability.
- Technical Support for IPDM Team Center Deployment Management Service to assist with current and upcoming Tech Insertion Cycles, and deployment and build of new Team Center environments
- Collaboration with Boeings Product Management team as well with customer’s team to ensure deliverables are well understood, defined, and executed upon
- Exercises critical thinking, innovative problem solving, creativity and systems thinking.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is to work hybrid (part time in the office, part time remove) but employer can accommodate 100% virtual (remote).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience supporting Siemens Team Center application and infrastructure environments
- 5+ year of experience in IT infrastructure (Windows and Linux server operating systems, storage, network)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Information Science, Information Technology, Information Management or equivalent.
- Experience in Information Technology application hosting and infrastructure deployment, problem solving, process improvement and automation
- Knowledge and experience of Azure Dev Ops (ADO), and Agile methodologies.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5+ or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years related work experience, 10 years related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation but can be performed working from a remote location within the United States of America.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Shift: This is a 1st shift position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.