- Sun Valley, Idaho
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
Company Alaska Airlines
It should come as no surprise that Alaska Airlines is recognized as one of Seattle s most desirable companies for engineers and technology professionals. Our technology teams are regularly disrupting the way our guests experience air travel. We are innovators and creators striving to continually improve our award-winning technology in ways that make travel as simple enjoyable and seamless as possible. We are not content to rest on our successes. We take pride in the fact that our ideas have become the norm across the industry and we are always thinking about whats next! Our culture of collaboration history of launching industry-leading products and experienced teams that work at the highest levels of software development help us to pioneer technologies that are creating an airline people love.
This role is responsible for executing on the strategy for digital services at Alaska. As a people and technical leader this role leads and establishes the priorities and people culture for software engineering teams to innovate support engagement retention and safety. Additionally this role will focus on our technical and product health by modernizing our platform. This leader partners closely with scrum masters product owners product managers product designers and user experience to define refine and drive delivery facilitate and own technical decisions.
- Lead a team of multi-disciplined software engineers and establish priorities for system technical capabilities.
- Makes decisions related to technical oversight with the team including architecture DevOps coding and quality assurance practices.
- Accountable for quality focused software delivery including new build and implementation of software.
- Responsible for the team s delivery of robust scalable reliable and highly available technical solutions.
- Works with product owners and managers to assist with product roadmaps.
- Manage and support evolving Agile software delivery teams data driven approach and ability to measure delivery performance.
- Develop people through effective performance management and ongoing feedback focusing on delegation for stretch assignments growing and developing the team for capacity and growth looking at performance across the team and time management.
- Shapes an inclusive culture of team to attract strong talent while thriving in innovation rapid technology adoption continuous improvement collaborative teamwork and delivery of quality technology solutions.
Job-Specific Experience Education and Skills
- 5 years of software engineering experience
- 2 years of leadership experience
- Bachelor s degree with a focus in computer science or related field or an additional two years of relevant training/experience in lieu of this degree
- Strong software and data structure design development and architecture experience.
- Experience delivering modern software apps or systems at scale for large customer bases.
- Demonstrated ability in supporting diverse and inclusive cultures
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Well-versed in current CI/CD engineering practices.
- Experience managing vendors contractors and/or off-shore delivery teams
- Experience in travel industry
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety do the right thing be kind-hearted deliver performance and be remarkable.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Where permitted by applicable law new hires must have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Monthly incentive pay plan
- Annual incentive pay plan
- Generous paid time off
- Travel privileges on Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air
FLSA Status Exempt
Employment Type Full-Time
Equal Employment Opportunity Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity equity and inclusion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex (including pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity and gender expression) national origin age protected veteran or disabled status genetic information (including family medical history) or other legally protected characteristics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered for employment consistent with applicable federal state and local law.
People of color women LGBTQIA+ immigrants veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify employer where required by law.
CategorySoftware and Technology
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered – current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.