At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security(BDS) organization is seeking Mid-Level Integrated Planning and Scheduling Specialist, level 3 to support the team located in Huntsville, AL
- Develops, coordinates, integrates, analyzes, and maintains, an integrated plan and schedule to meet program and/or project requirements.
- Produces metrics for plans and schedules for moderately complex projects, programs, and change activities across the lifecycle of a program.
- Performs studies/analysis and planning efforts, within and/or across programs/projects, organizations or business units to determine impacts, constraints, and plans involving product development, production rates, production development activities, process improvement, or program initiatives.
- Develops the Integrated Master Plan, schedule and supports change incorporation plans related to integrated scheduling products.
- Performs integration of program plans and schedules, horizontally and vertically, across company functional, product groups, suppliers and partners of moderate complexity.
- Identifies, analyzes and reports performance variances to management.
- Works with customers to develop performance recovery plans and incorporates recovery plans where appropriate.
- Provides training and mentoring to lower level employees.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at Huntsville, AL.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
A National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience in managing complex integrated schedules or projects
- 3+ years of experience working with the planning & scheduling processes, cost analysis, and EVMS
- Experience developing and maintaining integrated resource-loaded project schedules, including the use of project management tools and software such as MS Project, Milestones, Open Plan Professional, etc.
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining integrated, resource-loaded project plans to describe and manage subject statement of work project content, sequencing, timing / duration, and dependencies
- 3+ years of experience creating project schedules which identify time frames for key project milestones
- 3+ years of experience synthesizing program/project/SOW requisition into actionable and measurable tasks
- 3+ years of experience working on a development program with critical path and schedule risk assessment requirements
- 3+ years of experience collecting and analyzing data and generating metrics reports
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or higher
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience interfacing with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Experience performing Schedule Executability Risk Assessments and preparing, analyzing and reporting recommendations to Program Senior Leadership re: establishment and management of Schedule Risk Mitigation (i.e., Schedule Margin)
- Strong communication skills including executive interaction as well as cross functional teams
- Schedule risk analysis/Boeing Opportunities Risk Issue System (BORIS)
- Baseline Management Processes
- Experience with GATE Reviews
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years related work experience, 10 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.