Senior Principal Systems Engineer DevOps Engineer
Occupational Category: Boeing Intelligence and Analytics
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 0
seeks a Senior Principal Systems Engineer DevOps Engineer.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting roleyou will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development, and analytic technologies.
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, Boeing Intelligence & Analytics supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is looking for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer – DevOps Engineer to join its team.
The candidate will develop CI/CD build and deploy pipelines; integrate tools into the pipeline and manage debugging integration issues. In addition, candidate will help integrate with various tools for the DevOps process.
Work Location: Herndon, VA
Telework Availablity: Not at this time
What you will do (day in the life):
- Development of CI/CD Build and Deployment Pipelines
- Write/modify Jenkins-based groovy scripts
- Write/update CloudFormation scripts
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues across Jenkins and AWS Environments (Linux EC2, RDS, CloudFormation, Elasticsearch, etc…)
- Document key features for developer use
- Help write and maintain scripts for process improvements (ex: stage/unstage builds, branch tag automation, automating variance corrections across networks)
- Integrate tools into the pipeline
- Work with the development teams to bring in new microservices into the pipeline. Helping troubleshoot as necessary.
- Work through steps to automate installations of COTS products into the architecture
- Debugging integration issues
- Help identify issues in the deployment (i.e. potentially intermittent connectivity issues from an API Server to the Database)
- Monitor (and help develop scripts to monitor) the AWS services to ensure everything is functioning as necessary
- DevOps Tool Integration
- Help integrate with various tools for the DevOps process (SonarQube, Fortify, Jenkins, Robot Framework/Selenium, Artifactory, etc…)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
- Experience with Linux Environments
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Bash and Python
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Git for Source Control
- Understanding and willingness to work in a DevSecOps oriented environment with an Infrastructure as Code mindset
- Full-time onsite
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Active CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- Basic understanding of an Object-Oriented Programming Language, preferably Java or Python
- Experience integrating Jenkins and Docker for automated CI/CD pipelines
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes or OpenShift Container Platform
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Boeing provides top-tier employee compensation benefits and a relaxed, team-oriented work environment, including:
Date Posted: 2022-8-13
Please Apply by: 2022-8-29