At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as a Senior OpenShift Platform Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator this role will be Hybrid working with primary offices in either in Bristol, UK or Milton Keynes, UK.
This post is for an OpenShift Platform Engineer to join the Infrastructure Team and will be jointly responsible for the day to day support and maintenance of the Redhat OpenShift Container platform and the wider Redhat Linux server estate. The team provide support to multiple programmes of work, including Ministry of Defence Information Services (MoD IS).
This is a hands-on role whereby the successful candidate will need to be highly proficient in Container platform technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, RHEL OpenShift 3 & 4 as well as multiple LINUX / UNIX operating systems (RHEL, HPUX, Solaris, CentOS) with an appreciation of other related Infrastructure technologies including networking, storage, Virtualization and HCI platforms. There will be the requirement to work with other teams to ensure the smooth delivery of Projects and identify opportunities for improvement through automation techniques.
This includes monitoring the Service Management tool for Incidents, Problems, Service Requests and Change tasks to ensure we are improving the quality and adherence to contractual SLA and KPI requirements of the programme within Boeing Defence UK (BDUK)
This role will be responsible for:
- Redhat OpenShift enterprise implementation and support.
- Ensuring availability, reliability, and performance of OpenShift/Container Platform
- Installation, maintenance, and configuration of production and non-production OpenShift environments.
- Perform patching, software implementations, and upgrades to Redhat OpenShift platforms.
- Support the delivery of automated Infrastructure
- Perform and automate patching and monitoring activities
- Work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency
- Fault diagnosis including problem statements and mitigation planning
- The successful candidate will be expected to be part of a 24×7 on-call team and provide extended hours support via a team Rota.
- Service and application Migration activities (RHEL & OCP)
- Provide input and design review to ensure best practice implementation of container platforms and automation toolchains
Technical Experience and knowledge will be required in the following areas:
- Hands on experience with OpenShift upgrades, installations, and configuration. (ideally managed large scale migration and deployments)
- Hands on experience in Redhat OpenShift Administration activities.
- Knowledge of container monitoring tools and metrics.
- Ability to write scripts for OpenShift day to day task automation.
- OpenShift knowledge of OpenShift v 3.x & 4.x (Operators, registry, Networking and CICD on OpenShift)
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience of automation techniques and toolchains (Ansible, Ansible Tower, Gitlab Jenkins)
- Thorough understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience in a UNIX and Redhat [RHEL7 & RHEL 8] administration role
- DevOps/CI/CD process architecture/engineering experience
- Redhat Certification RHSA or RHCE
- Redhat Certified Specialist in Containers & Kubernetes
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration
- Fluency in at least once scripting language such as Ruby, PowerShell, Python or Java.
- Experience of working within a secure and high availability environment
SC eligibility is required.
Hybrid Work Option (Virtual/Office): Yes with some travel in the UK Bristol site as required.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.