At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Jeppesen, A Boeing Company is looking for a Software Development Manager to be based in Gdansk, Poland.
The position will be located in Gdansk, in Poland Office. A hybrid-mode working practice is possible, but the ability to attend the office multiple days per week is strongly valued.
“On Saturday, 12 March 2022, the President of the Republic of Poland signed a law to assist citizens of Ukraine in connection with the armed conflict in that country. As part of this law, Ukrainian refugees in Poland benefit from access to the Polish labour market. Boeing welcomes applications from Ukrainian refugees who are seeking employment in Poland”.
Jeppesen, a part of the Boeing Digital Solutions & Analytics team, is seeking a Manager, Software Development to lead a team of software professionals in the design, creation, and execution of software solutions. We are looking for a person that will be able to fill the management role in a broad definition, starting from people management, through project/program management to service maintenance. Projects undertaken at the site have a wide range of technologies, from cloud-based to mobile, with the emphasis always on quality and security.
- Managing employees performing development and technical activities in the area of Software Development.
- Managing subordinate staff to include recruiting, training, performance and compensation management, motivating, delegating and monitoring results.
- Creating a strong working relationship with product managers, sourcing partners, technical leaders across the wider organisation, and internal/external customers.
- Developing and executing project and process plans, adherence to software quality and compliance requirements.
- Providing oversight and approval of technical approaches, products, and processes.
- Acquiring resources for projects and processes, providing technical management of suppliers, providing coaching and development opportunities for employees.
- Interacting with senior management and customers in support of product sales and performance.
- Implementing Lean software development methodologies to achieve productivity and quality goals.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Required Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- Evidence of skills in people leadership.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Agile methodologies.
- Experience managing production operations
- A thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- A very good command of English.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of the Scaled Agile Framework would be an advantage.
- Prior experience working for global technology companies would be an advantage.
- A strong passion for software development and delivering value to customers.
- Managing tactical communications and mitigations for all risks.
- Skills in the operation of activities of major significance to the organization.
- Project management.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in POLAND. Candidates must have current legal authorization to live and work in Poland. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.